Updated: Feb 2
At Madan Yoga, we are offering Yoga Alliance registered 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in locations in and around Pokhara, Nepal. The Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) is a residential course in which committed and dedicated yogis can deepen their understanding of a variety of yoga-related topics, enhance their practice, and eventually learn how to share their practice with others. The curriculum consists of both theory and practice based on the classical yoga tradition. Each week, you will have one full day free of lectures, so that you have time to self-study, journal, and take space for yourself to receive your learnings fully.
Graduates of this course receive an internationally-recognized certification which is recognized by the Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours standard for Registered Yoga Schools (RYS).
A typical day in a Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 Hours) with Madan Yoga could look like this (subject to slight changes):
05:30 - 6:00 Morning Tea (optional)
06:30 - 7:15 Meditation and/or Pranayama
07:30 - 09:00 Hatha Yoga
09:00 - 10:30 Breakfast & Self-time
10:30 - 11:30 Yoga History / Teaching Methodology / Ayurveda
11:30 - 11:45 Tea Break, Relaxation
11:45 - 12:45 Yoga Philosophy
12:45 - 14:30 Lunch Break, Relaxation
14:30 - 15:30 Yoga Anatomy / Yoga Ethics / Professional Development
15:30 - 15:45 Tea Break, Relaxation
15:45 - 17:15 Hatha Yoga
17:30 - 18:30 Meditation / Mantra / Kirtan
18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
The 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training course will give an introduction to the following topics:
- Hatha Yoga / Asana: History - Surya Namaskar - Standing, sitting, kneeling, supine, lying on abdomen, arm balance, inversion asanas - Benefits & contraindications - Kriyas (6 cleansing processes)
- Pranayama: Pranayama vs. Prana - Historical context - Pranic energy pathways - Pancha Koshas, Kleshas, Chakras - Pancha Vayus (Pranic Body) - Types of Pranayama techniques
- Meditation: Benefits of meditation - Meditation poses - Meditation techniques - Mudras - Mantras and chanting
- Philosophy: Patanjali 8 Limbs of Yoga - The three bodies - The four parts of the mind (Antahkarana) - Patanjali Yoga Sutras understanding, translation, and discussion
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology: The effects of Yoga practice on cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, nervous, skeletal, and muscular systems
- Yoga Biomechanics: Types of joint movements - Joint stabilization - Safe movement and prevention of injuries - Contraindications, misalignments, adaptations
- Ayurveda: Food and trigunas - Tridoshas - Limits of Ayurveda - Dinacharya
- Teaching methodology: Adjustment and Alignment - Preparation, atmosphere - Sequencing and transitions - Pacing and Cueing/instruction - Overall class management and qualities of a good teacher
- Yoga Ethics: The "10 Commandments of Yoga" - Yoga Alliance Ethical Commitment - How to promote inclusion, diversity, and accessibility - Accountability
- Professional Development: General professionalism - Continuing education - Marketing and promotion - Liability insurance and waivers - Invoicing - Yoga-related Professional organizations.
This Yoga Teacher Training Course with Madan Yoga is not only for aspiring yoga teachers but also for dedicated and motivated yogis who simply wish to deepen their understanding and knowledge of yoga-related topics and enhance their practice.
While four weeks of study time sounds short - it is important to acknowledge that this 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course will give you a good, solid foundation for your journey as a yoga practitioner and will introduce important tools for you to become a yoga teacher - yet, it is also just the start. As the world's understanding of yoga is evolving, it becomes necessary for us as yoga teachers to keep learning, specializing ourselves or pursuing further advanced training. This Yoga Teacher Training Course is the beginning of your journey toward a good yoga teacher - if you have prior knowledge and practical experience and are open to further training and learning in the years to come, the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training will be a valuable experience and open up a meaningful path for your future!
Dates for Madan Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses in 2023:
15th April - 8th May 2023
15th May - 7th June 2023
15th June - 8th July 2023
1st August-24th August 2023
1st September-24th September 2023
1st December - 24th December 2023
Sign up now!
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to send us an e-mail via email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you. Namaste!