Yoga Teacher Training
At Madan Yoga, we are offering Yoga Alliance registered 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings in locations in Pokhara (Nepal) and Tiruvannamalai (India). The Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) is a residential course in which committed and dedicated yogis can deepen their understanding of a variety of yoga-related topics, enhance their practice, and eventually learn how to share their practice with others. The curriculum consists of both theory and practice based on the classical yoga tradition. This includes not only asana, but also the various aspects of yoga philosophy and ethics, anatomy, proper alignment, meditation and pranayamas. You will also get an introduction on ayurveda, and gain an insight on important tools for your professional development. You will be studying among dedicated and experienced teachers whose aim it is to create a comfortable environment for you to learn and grow in the yoga field. Each week, you will have one full day free of lectures, so that you have time to self-study, journal, and take space for yourself to receive your learnings fully.
Graduates of this course receive an internationally-recognized certification which is recognized by the Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours standard for Registered Yoga Schools (RYS).
A typical day in a Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 Hours) with Madan Yoga may look like this (subject to slight changes):
05:30 - 6:00 Morning Tea (optional)
06:30 - 7:15 Meditation and/or Pranayama
07:30 - 09:00 Hatha Yoga
09:00 - 10:30 Breakfast & Self-time
10:30 - 11:30 Yoga History / Teaching Methodology / Ayurveda
11:30 - 11:45 Tea Break, Relaxation
11:45 - 12:45 Yoga Philosophy
12:45 - 14:30 Lunch Break, Relaxation
14:30 - 15:30 Yoga Anatomy / Yoga Ethics / Professional Development
15:30 - 15:45 Tea Break, Relaxation
15:45 - 17:15 Hatha Yoga
17:30 - 18:30 Meditation / Mantra / Kirtan
18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
The Curriculum will give foundational knowledge on the following topics:
- Hatha Yoga / Asana: Historical context - Surya Namaskar - Standing, sitting, kneeling, supine, lying on abdomen, arm balance, inversion asanas - Benefits and contraindications
- Pranayama: Effects of Pranayama - Pranayama vs. Prana - Historical context - Pranic energy pathways - Pancha Koshas, Kleshas, Chakras - Pancha Vayus (Pranic Body) - Types of Pranayama techniques
- Meditation: Benefits of meditation - Meditation poses - Meditation techniques - Mudras - Mantras and chanting
- Philosophy: Patanjali 8 Limbs of Yoga - The three bodies - The four parts of the mind (Antahkarana) - Chitta Bhumi - Patanjali Yoga Sutras understanding, translation, and discussion, Introduction to Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology: The effects of Yoga practice on cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, nervous, skeletal, and muscular systems
- Yoga Biomechanics: Types of joint movements - Joint stabilization - Safe movement and prevention of injuries - Contraindications, misalignments, adaptations
- Ayurveda: Food and trigunas - Tridoshas - Dinacharya (daily routines) - Limits of Ayurveda
- Teaching methodology: Adjustment and Alignment - Preparation, atmosphere - Sequencing and transitions - Pacing and Cueing/instruction - Overall class management and qualities of a good teacher
- Yoga Ethics: The "10 Commandments of Yoga" - Yoga Alliance Ethical Commitment - How to promote inclusion, diversity, and accessibility - Accountability
- Professional Development: General professionalism - Continuing education - Marketing and promotion - Liability insurance and waivers - Invoicing - Yoga-related Professional organizations.
This 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course with Madan Yoga is not only for aspiring yoga teachers but also for dedicated and motivated yogis who simply wish to deepen their understanding and knowledge of yoga-related topics and enhance their practice.
Sign up now
In 2023, Madan Yoga is hosting 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings in two beautiful locations in and around Pokhara, Nepal. In early 2024, we are offering one 200 Hour course in Tiruvannamalai, India. All training courses are recognized by Yoga Alliance.