Yoga Trek & Tour in Mustang Nepal (15-27 October 2022)
Updated: Jul 17, 2022
Madan Yoga calls to join for the Yoga Trek & Tour in Mustang, Nepal - going to be held this October 15-27, 2022!
The former kingdom of Mustang could almost completely preserve its originality, traditions and culture due to its isolated location. Due to these geographical and cultural peculiarities, it is a real jewel for travel and yoga - and a time travel many centuries back in time. Tibetan cultures and unique landscape will accompany you throughout this yoga tour. So close to the horizon, the Himalayan mountains merge here with the sky and the earth.
For this yoga tour, we will pick you up at Kathmandu International Airport (arrival: 15th October 2022) and our tour group will get-together at the hotel in Kathmandu. We will visit the ancient, sacred sites of Kathmandu, before leaving together to Pokhara. From there, our journey to the mountains will start.
Yoga Trek and Tour to Mustang, Nepal with Madan Yoga
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, arrival ceremony and dinner
Day 2: Yoga, visit of Boudhanath stupa and Pashupatinath (two main sacred places in Kathmandu)
Day 3: Bus journey to Pokhara, free time and/or yogic relaxation
Day 4: Yoga, explore Phewa Lake and Peace Pagoda with views on the magnificient Annapurna Himalayan range. Kirtan mantra singing in the evening.
Day 5: Yoga, start jeep ride to Tatopani, visit hot springs in Tatopani
Day 6: Morning meditation, visit Marpha (a local village in Mustang), taste local apple specialties, afternoon yoga session
Day 7: Yoga, visit glacier lake Dhumba Lake and leopard cave with views on the most important mountains of Mustang. Night in Kagbeni.
Day 8: Meditation in a Buddhist monastery, yoga, hiking along the Kali Gandaki River - "silent walking meditation". During sunset time, singing circle and mantra chanting in ancient yogic cave.
Day 9: Yoga, trip to Muktinath ("place of liberation"), visit ancient Muktinath temple and rituals. Evening: "Satsang" sharing and philosophy circle with Madan.
Day 10: Travel from Kagbeni back to Pokhara. Evening relaxation.
Day 11: Yoga, followed by ayurvedic plants and healing medicine walk through the local jungle. Observe local festival of lights called "Tihar". Cooking class with Madan in the evening.
Day 12: Domestic flight back to Kathmandu. Closing ceremony in the evening.
Day 13: Departure to home country or ongoing travels.
Itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather.
On this yoga journey with Madan Yoga, you will:
- Practice yoga, including breathing techniques (pranayama), on a daily basis in the foothills of the Himalayas. Beginners will get the chance to get a taste of yoga and build a good foundation for their yogic journey. More experienced yogis will deepen their practice and gain further inspiration for their ongoing yoga journey.
- Practice Meditation along with the chants of Tibetan monks in a Buddhist monastery in the village of Kagbeni & in ancient yogic caves in the mountains of Mustang
- Visit the most important temples and stupas both of Kathmandu & Pokhara, including the holy temple and pilgrimage place of Muktinath (known as "the place of liberation")
- Visit a hot spring, glacier lake, and local mountain villages in Mustang
- Taste local healthy foods and specialties
- Experience one of Nepal's most important festivals "Tihar", the festival of light
... and make connections for a lifetime!
The journey will end on 27th October 2022, departure again from Kathmandu.
Accomodation and food:
We will be staying in comfortable hotels in peaceful, quiet locations throughout the whole stay (private rooms with attached bathroom, hot shower).
The food will be entirely vegetarian and/or vegan organic meals. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
For more information on this yoga tour with Madan Yoga and booking, please feel free to message us via firstname.lastname@example.org and visit: Yoga Treks and Tours in Nepal.