Updated: Jun 17
Madan Yoga is offering a one-time opportunity to attend the Madan Yoga 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course in Tiruvannamalai, South India! Tiruvannamalai is one of the holiest cities in Tamil Nadu, South India, and is an important pilgrimage site. In the heart of this sacred temple town lies Arunachala mountain - it is said the manifestation of Lord Shiva. On the full moon of each month, thousands of pilgrims circumambulate Mount Arunachala on foot, receiving blessings from this holy place.
Since ancient times, Tiruvannamalai has been a magnet for yogis and sages for their spiritual practice and growth. It is especially known for the Indian sage Ramana Maharshi, who meditated in Arunachala's caves for long periods of time. And even in today's time, Arunachala and its powerful energy continue to attract yogis and spiritual seekers from all over the world.
In this beautiful, yogic environment, Madan Yoga is offering a Yoga Alliance-certified Yoga Teacher Training Course (200 Hours). Graduates will receive an internationally recognized Yoga Teacher certification approved by Yoga Alliance USA.
20th January - 9th February 2024
950 USD Shared room/two bedroom only
- 21 days, 20 nights accommodation
- all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, snacks)
- course manual/handbook and a certification recognized by Yoga Alliance
- excursions to Tiruvannamalai Ramana Maharshi ashram and full moon Giri Pradakshina
- detailed information for travel to Tiruvannamalai
Yoga Teacher Training Course location:
The Yoga Teacher Training course venue is located at Sri Anantha Niketan, close to Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. Sri Anantha Niketan is set in the countryside on a 4-acre farmland, with direct views of sacred Mount Arunachala. Life is slow and peaceful here - an ideal spot to immerse yourself in your yoga practice. An ashram is a place for learning, introspection, and self-retreat.
Sri Anantha Niketan offers simple yet clean rooms in authentic bungalows. There is a huge garden as well as two outdoor and one indoor yoga hall where classes will be held.
The food will be entirely vegetarian/vegan organic meals, inspired by South Indian ayurvedic flavors, with vegetables sourced from the local farm. You can check out the ashram here.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course contents:
This 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course with Madan Yoga is not only for aspiring yoga teachers but also for dedicated and motivated yogis who simply wish to deepen their understanding and knowledge of yoga-related topics and enhance their practice.
The curriculum will give foundational knowledge on the following topics:
- Hatha Yoga / Asana: Historical context - Surya Namaskar - Standing, sitting, kneeling, supine, lying on abdomen, arm balance, inversion asanas - Benefits and contraindications
- Pranayama: Effects of Pranayama - Pranayama vs. Prana - Historical context - Pranic energy pathways - Pancha Koshas, Kleshas, Chakras - Pancha Vayus (Pranic Body) - Types of Pranayama techniques
- Meditation: Benefits of meditation - Meditation poses - Meditation techniques - Mudras - Mantras and chanting
- Philosophy: Patanjali 8 Limbs of Yoga - The three bodies - The four parts of the mind (Antahkarana) - Chitta Bhumi - Patanjali Yoga Sutras understanding, translation, and discussion, Introduction to Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology: The effects of Yoga practice on cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, nervous, skeletal, and muscular systems
- Yoga Biomechanics: Types of joint movements - Joint stabilization - Safe movement and prevention of injuries - Contraindications, misalignments, adaptations
- Ayurveda: Food and tribunals - Tridoshas - Dinacharya (daily routines) - Limits of Ayurveda
- Teaching methodology: Adjustment and Alignment - Preparation, atmosphere - Sequencing and transitions - Pacing and Cueing/instruction - Overall class management and qualities of a good teacher
- Yoga Ethics: The "10 Commandments of Yoga" - Yoga Alliance Ethical Commitment - How to promote inclusion, diversity, and accessibility - Accountability
- Professional Development: General professionalism - Continuing education - Marketing and promotion - Liability insurance and waivers - Invoicing - Yoga-related Professional organizations.
Know before you go:
Please book your flight to Bangalore or Chennai International Airport. From there, it is easy to travel by bus or taxi to Tiruvannamalai (about a 4-hour journey). We will provide all the necessary information for your safe travel to Tiruvannamalai before your trip.
In January and February, the weather in Tiruvannamalai will be warm during day time, and mostly sunny (around 28 degrees Celsius). Do bring comfortable clothes for the yoga practice and warmer clothes for the evenings. You can bring your suitcase or backpack with you. Yoga mats and other yoga equipment will be provided. We will also provide notebooks and the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course manual/handbook.
Interested to join us? Please send us an e-mail at email@example.com for any inquiries. Namaste!